Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sarah Mackenzi Jardine!!

Ok, so I know it's been 11 days but it's been crazy and busy. Here are the long awaited pictures.

Introducing Sarah Mackenzi Jardine.
She was born on Feb. 1, 2009

Little Sarah came out SCREAMING!!!
If you look closely, this is her exact weight. 7 lbs 7.7 oz but on the birth certificate it's 7 lbs 8 oz. She was 20 inches long.

Day #2. The nurse gave her her bath and put this cute little bow in her hair.

At home chilling with daddy watching some tv.

Laying on Nanna's chest with her arms all tucked up. Matt couldn't resist getting the picture.
So to make the story quick but known. We were at our friends house waiting to watch the Super Bowl and all of a sudden my water broke. It was 4 pm. We got to the hospital about 5 (cause our friend lives out in the middle of no where) and I was admitted by 5:30. I got my epidural somewhere in the 8 o'clock hour and at 11:42 pm she made her appearance. Like I said earlier, she came out screaming. She spent most of the night in the warmer only cause she was still trying to figure out how to breath. She did have jaundice pretty good and they helped supplement her for one night with formula to kick start her liver. She is completely healthy now and has her 2 week check up on the 18th. Other than that, we are just slowly adjusting. Nights are hard for me only cause I'm breastfeeding but Matt is nice enough to wake up with me for a minute or 2 and even change a diaper or 2 while I go to the bathroom. We are so grateful to have her with us.
We love you all! I'll try to post more pictures when we have them.



3 comments:

Mel said...

she is adorable! please post more pictures. :)

Henlines said...

She is beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you guys....yay you're not pregnant anymore!! Love you guys.

Michelle said...

She is gorgeous! I am so glad everything went well. Congratulations!