Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Chicken Fried

Chicken Fried is a newer country song that I have come to love. I've heard the song several times on the radio but never really listened to the words. I was sitting here just now reading the lyrics to it while listening to it and got a whole new appreciation for the song. I don't know if it's just my hormones lately but every time anyone mentions our freedom or something about our soldiers, I get a little teary eyed. It just means so much to me that there are still people out there that care about what our soldiers are doing. And coming to the end of our first deployment, I have a HIGHER respect for any service member.

When I was home in July, I was at the carnival with my mom, sister, her kids and grandma. I was going to get some water for us and I saw a Staff Sergeant (SSG), former Drill Sergeant (SGT) and I walked up to him without hesitation and thanked him for his services and then his beautiful wife walked up and I thanked her too for her services and sacrifices cause I know exactly how it feels to be away from the one you love for so long.

Then just last week I was talking to my mom and she shared a similar experience with me. She was in Kmart and had the little bag that Matt had brought home for her (it has Winne the Pooh on it- she love Pooh Bear) and a young girl, probably still in High School, asked her if her brother or someone she knew was over seas. My mom said Yes, my son-in-law and the girl asked my mom to tell Matt thank you for his services. Needless to say, I had to hold back the tears. It's so rare for kids to even think about thanking a Soldier, Marine, Sailor, Airman, or anyone else in the Military. Now don't get me wrong, I have NO idea what is going on over there as far as the Iraqis but from what I get from listening to Matt and other soldiers that have been over there, this war isn't for nothing.

Any ways. Just thought I would share those with everyone. We are on the home stretch of Matt coming home. He was kicked out of his living quarters yesterday and is staying in "Tent City" (that's what he called it) They have their final customs inspection today and then it just the waiting game. They will have absolutely nothing to do.

You all have a great day! Love you!


This is a nice link. My Uncle Bill sent it to me. I sent out an email with it as well..

http://www.cpmsglife.org/tg/2006tdm1.html

No comments: